Bananas are going bad again...Usually I'd just fantasizing about making a banana bread w/o actually doing it. But today is a new day...yeah! I decide to do it...for the 1st time. ( If I have done it...must not from scratch) Anyway, I felt like it was the 1st time.
1st of all I went online to find a 5 stars recipe & read some reviews & tips. Then I simply dug in & voila~
Baby O. kept asking "蛋糕好了沒“ (Is the cake ready,yet...in Chinese) from a line of her favorite show "巧虎做蛋糕“. It is super simple to do. The only regret would be the sugar. I should have using white sugar instead of raw sugar. It's not sweet enough. It smells great though.
Here is the recipe I found: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/banana-banana-bread/Detail.aspx
I followed it exactly with some walnuts as one of the reviews suggested. I didn't beat too much which resulted in a nice moist texture that Olivia seems to like:D
Here I copied the recipe from the website:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ( I used unbleached flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (do not cut short of this one)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (Yap,I used that much...)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. (I used a glass one)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.(65min was my baking time)